First Probe Sold Outlasts Pole

First Probe Sold Outlasts Pole

We sold our first Prober™ (a professional dry rot inspection tool) in May of 2017. Today That customer contacted me and let me know that the extension pole threads had broken off inside the probe. I’m happy to report that no damage was done to the probe, but the...
The First Shipment Has Arrived

The First Shipment Has Arrived

At long last, we have The Prober™ in stock and we are taking orders via our online store. If you are a termite inspector, whole house inspector, or real estate appraiser, you may have the need for a dry rot probe or termite damage probe. Before The Prober™ all probes...
Production Is Underway

Production Is Underway

At long last production has begun. Soon, we will have 1,000 units on hand and they will be available for purchase at Inspection...
The T2 Sample Is Done

The T2 Sample Is Done

To expedite production, I asked that photos be sent of the T2 rather than shipping me the physical units. We asked for the following final adjustments : T-1 Metal Shaft. Please adjust to 4.75” (120mm) shaft length. Blue plastic insert color (Pantone Q300-1-3) Please...
The T1 Sample Has Arrived

The T1 Sample Has Arrived

The T1 samples arrived today and to my surprise, the factory has already implemented the new R2 tip profile. I am still not happy with the “red” they are producing, so I have decided to go with just the blue version. The metal shaft is still too long (it should be...
Tip Profile Decided

Tip Profile Decided

The factory has confirmed that they will be reducing the overall length of the probe and will be changing the tip to the R2...
Sharp vs. Dull

Sharp vs. Dull

Tip Modification Today after looking at the T-1 sample that we received from the factory, my lead inspector Eddie said “this tip is going to mark up every piece of wood it touches, including sound wood”. This got me thinking about my hand made tool which was a paint...
The T0 samples have arrived!

The T0 samples have arrived!

In the injection moulding world, a T0 is the very first part from the tool, and establishes that it is capable of moulding something. While I was excited to finally get my hands on these, there were a few issues. 1. The shaft is too long. It was supposed to be 4-3/4″...